Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Adapting to newer devices

After PRE, the next device introduced by PALM was called PIXI. It's one big mystery why newer, more complex and forward-looking device has smaller screen size than its predecessor. Nowadays, when mobiles has all the time more and more additional goodies, it's at least not really clever. But if we want to get to the widest audience our apps need to be flexible. Because I was anxious at the time, I chose the simplest way to run my Zombie Eliminator also on Pixi - I just make 80px height 'dead zone' on the bottom. It is visible on PRE and hidden on PIXI. Simple & working.
I recommend also nice art about Effective Design for Multiple Screen Sizes by Bryan Rieger at Mobi forge.

4 comments:

  1. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates.
    wholesale brazilian hair distributors

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this..
    real estate services of nm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.
    sprinter vans for sale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that.
    cat can’t cough up hairball

    ReplyDelete